Applicable from 2 December 2021
The German version of this document is the only legally binding version. This English translation is for your convenience only.
The following rules apply to the use of the TUM University Library in accordance of the Bavarian Infection Protection Measures Ordinance (BayIfSMV), amending the existing library regulations and house rules:
- A minimum distance of 1.5 metres between two persons must be maintained at all time.
- When entering the library, users are required to provide a proof of vaccination or a convalescent certificate according to the BayIfSMV (2G rule). In addition, the TUM StudentCard or the TUM PersonalCard or the library card must be presented.
- Pupils and high-school students are considered to be tested according to the current BayIfSMV. The library card in combination with the pupil ID card serves as proof.
- Library users are obliged to wear an FFP2 mask in the correct manner while present at the library. The obligation to wear mask does not apply when seated at an assigned study desk.
- Staying outside marked traffic and work areas is prohibited.
- Access is not permitted in the case of a confirmed infection or symptoms of respiratory diseases.
Rules for the Use of Study Areas
- In accordance with the current BayIfSMV, the University Library provides individual study desks for TUM members for limited use.
- The reservation of a study desk must be submitted via the library‘s website. Unreserved or unoccupied study desks will be allocated to others at the circulation desk 30 minutes after the start of the indicated reservation time.
- Library users are asked to arrive at the library entrance only shortly prior to the reservation.
- Users are obliged to present the TUM StudentCard or the TUM PersonalCard together with a 2G proof.
- The University Library provides cleaning agents and wipes for autonomous table cleaning.
- Working in groups is prohibited.
Rules for the Use of Media from the Library Shelves
- The use of media from the library shelves is currently only possible for members of TUM. A corresponding proof must be shown at the circulation desk.
- At the shelves, the distance of 1.5 m must be strictly observed. Disposable gloves must be worn.
- Study areas for reading the media are not available.