Use our Online Catalogue OPAC for your dokumenTUM order. For this purpose your TUM StudentCard or PersonalCard must be activated for library use.
... and this is how ordering works:
- Start the OPAC and log in with your library number.
- Then search for book or journal titles.
- Select appropriate results and click in the "Get document" tab in the line "SFX: dokumenTUM on "follow link".
Tip: For journals, always select the parent title – you will recognise this in the record list by this symbol.
- This opens a SFX service page (only available in German): In the line "Bestellung über dokumenTUM oder Fernleihe" please make sure to check the box "Ich bin für den dokumenTUM-Lieferdienst berechtigt" and then click on the "Go" button.
- Please select the desired delivery service and specify the year of publication and the volume in the next step. These steps are not necessary when ordering copies from books.
- Please fill in the missing information (chapter/article title, author, page references) in the order form and submit the order after accepting the copyright statement (English version is available after clicking on "urheberrechtliche Erklärung").
Order via OPAC
Your TUM StudentCard is not activated yet?
To do this, you must activate the library use online. Then your StudentCard will function as a library card.
- Please activate the library use for your StudentCard in your TUMonline account under Services > University Library.
- Then log in to the OPAC with the library number on the back of your StudentCard.
- For the first login use the default password (your birthday and month in the form DDMM). Subsequently, please change it to an individual password (max. 12 digits).
Now you can place a dokumenTUM order as described above.
Your TUM PersonalCard is not activated yet?
To do so, you would have to visit one of our branch libraries, which is currently not possible. As an alternative we offer you the possibility to place your dokumenTUM orders via web form.
- Before ordering, please check if the desired literature is available at TUM in electronic form. As a TUM member, please log in via eAccess and search for e-books or e-journals in the OPAC or in the EZB.
- Please also check in the OPAC whether the desired literature is available in printed form at the TUM. If this is not the case, please order via interlibrary loan.
- When ordering and using scans, please observe current copyright law.
Order via web form