As a researcher, you face many challenges in your day-to-day research – from systematic literature reviews and sustainable handling of research data to the publication process and the visibility of your research impact.
The University Library supports you with numerous research-related services and accompanies you throughout the entire research cycle. Rely on our longstanding expertise in dealing with research and meta data, search strategies, long-term archiving and publication workflows.
Sustainable Research Data Management
Well-prepared research data are essential for the reproducibility and transparency of research findings. We are here to support you, from early planning for data management to data publication and archiving.
Support: email@example.com | Research Data Management Consultations
More Information: www.ub.tum.de/forschungsdaten
Publishing at TUM: University Press, Open Access, Repository
The University Library is also a strong partner for your publication. Our wide range of services includes publication advice, funding support and various publishing options: print, digital, Open Access.
- At TUM.University Press, TUM members can publish books digitally and/or in print. Open Access options, soon also including the hosting of Diamond Open Access journals, are part of the service portfolio as well.
- In the area of Open Access, the University Library provides comprehensive advice on selecting suitable journals for submitting papers, on avoiding publications in predatory journals, on different Open Access publishing models, and on licensing questions. In addition, it offers financing options for your OA publications (TUM Publishing Fund, memberships, publisher discounts).
- The mediaTUM repository provides you with the infrastructure for publishing your dissertation, habilitation thesis, scientific papers, research data and OA secondary publications. Furthermore, listing your publications in the University Bibliography, the assignment of DOIs and managing image and video collections are available.
Support: firstname.lastname@example.org | email@example.com | firstname.lastname@example.org |
Open Access Consultations
More information: www.ub.tum.de/publizieren
Research Impact: Bibliometrics, Affiliation, Author Profile, Academic Networking
Publishing your research results does not automatically guarantee visibility. The goal is to ensure that publications are properly attributed to you and optimally communicated. The University Library supports you with a wide range of courses and consults you on the following topics:
- TUM Publication Guidelines and affiliation designation (official designation, dealing with duplicate and multiple affiliations, change of institution).
- Maintaining author profiles, use of ORCID
- Academic networking, scientific communication platforms (ResearchGate, academia.edu, LinkedIn, etc.)
- Citation analysis, bibliometric indicators, altmetrics
- publication analysis tools such as SciVal
- Search strategies in literature databases (Scopus, Web of Science, specialist databases, etc.)
- The Course Visibility and Research Impact provides you with an excellent overview of citation-based metrics and academic identity management.
Support: email@example.com | Bibliometrics and Impact Consultations | Database Search Strategies Consulations
More Information: www.ub.tum.de/bibliometrie
Courses for Researchers and Lectures
The University Library's course programme offers researchers and lectures extensive training options on topics such as literature research, reference management, copyright, citation or publishing.
All courses at a glance