The University Library of the Technical University of Munich is committed to making its websites accessible, in accordance with Bayerische Verordnung über die elektronische Verwaltung und die barrierefreie Informationstechnik (BayEGovV). This accessibility statement applies to www.ub.tum.de and opac.ub.tum.de.
Information on the accessibility of the TUM's branch libraries can be found at www.ub.tum.de/en/accessibility.
These websites are partially compliant with Bayerische Verordnung über die elektronische Verwaltung und die barrierefreie Informationstechnik (BayEGovV). The non-compliances and the exemptions are listed below.
- Partially missing alt-attributes for images, tables, control elements and layout graphics.
- Information in easy language and sign language is missing.
- There may be errors in the heading hierarchy or links may be incomprehensible.
- Not all pdf documents are accessible without barriers.
- When resizing text, content and functionality are partly lost.
- Words and sections in other languages are not marked.
- The contrast between text and background is not sufficient in every case.
- Additional content that appears and disappears in coordination with keyboard focus or pointer hover does not always remain accessible.
Reasons for inaccessible content
The web presence is currently undergoing a relaunch. A revision of the existing websites is therefore no longer useful.
Preparation of this Accessibility Statement
This statement was prepared on 3 November 2020.
Feedback and Contact Information
You can inform us of any shortcomings with regard to compliance with accessibility requirements. You can also obtain information on content exempted from the application of the directive. Responsible for the barrier-free accessibility and processing of messages received through the feedback mechanism:
Technical University of Munich
Information on inclusion as well as counselling and support services for students and employees with disabilities and chronic illnesses can be found at www.chancengleichheit.tum.de/en/inclusion/.
As part of an enforcement procedure, you have the option of submitting an online application to verify compliance with accessibility requirements or otherwise contacting the enforcement body.
Contact details of the enforcement body
Landesamt für Digitalisierung, Breitband und Vermessung
IT-Dienstleistungszentrum des Freistaats Bayern
Durchsetzungs- und Überwachungsstelle für barrierefreie Informationstechnik