The German version of this document is the only legally binding version. This English translation is for your convenience only.
- These house rules apply to all library users. They supplement the Campus Code of Conduct of the Technical University of Munich, the Library Policies, the General Regulations on the Use of Bavarian State Libraries (ABOB), and the Regulatory Statutes for the ABOB.
- Please conduct yourself in all library rooms so as not to disturb other library users.
- In the reading room it is not permitted to make or receive phone calls, to consume food or to bring animals.
- Beverages are allowed only in tight closable containers. In principle, they must be kept closed and should only be opened for comsumption. Therefore, it is not allowed to pour beverages into open containers. The comsumption of alcoholic drinks is not allowed.
- Reading room places may not be reserved for others or left unoccupied for more than 60 minutes. If a desk is unused for more than 60 minutes, it is considered vacant and may be assigned to other library users. In such cases, the library reserve the right to remove and take charge of personal belongings which have been left behind. They will be treated as lost property. When leaving their study area, all library users must save their data in an appropriate way to prevent data loss. No liability shall be accepted for data loss which occurs due to the clearing of places unoccupied for more that 60 minutes or due to the storage of electronic devices by the library.
- Lockers are available for registered library users. Please observe the rules of use for the library lockers.
- In principle, jackets and bags are permitted inside all branch libraries. However, library staff reserve the right to deny access to library users bringing large or bulky items.
- Bags, suitcases and boxes must not be left unattended in University Library rooms. If they are, the University Library reserves the right to take security measures. The person who left the item has to pay all costs of security measures and possible related costs.