The German version of this document is the only legally binding version. This English translation is for your convenience only.
These rules of use apply to the lockers in the branch libraries of the University Library.
- The provision of lockers is a voluntary service offered by the university library. Their use is free of charge. The user has no automatic right to provision of a locker.
- Lockers can be used by registered library users.
- The right to use the locker is not transferable.
- Keys for the lockers will be issued at the circulation desks. The locker will be booked to the borrower's library account. Reservations for lockers are possible through the circulation desk staff. The locker may not be given to a third party.
- The loan period is two weeks. The reservation/loan period may be unilaterally adjusted by TUM for good cause (e.g. urgent building measures) or in the event of non-compliance with the usage regulations. The borrower will be duly informed of this.
- If a locker is used in a bruach library, no further locker can be reserved in this branch library - in other branch libraries a reservation is possible.
- Lockers must be treated with care and protected from damage and soiling. Before taking custody of the locker, the user must check that it is in good condition.
- In the event of a malfunction of the locking mechanism, the library staff must be notified. Unauthorized intervention is prohibited. Costs for damage caused by improper operation are to be reimbursed by the person who caused the damage.
- Perishable food and hazardous substances or articles must not be stored in lockers.
- The key must be returned to the circulation desk no later than the expiration date of the loan period.
- If the loan period is exceeded, the TUM University Library sets a deadline of three working days for the user to clear the locker. If the deadline expires without the user having vacated the locker, the TUM University Library may block the user's library account.
- After the expiration of the time limit according to clause 11, the locker will be forcibly opened and cleared by the library staff. Items cleared will be treated as lost property and temporarily stored in accordance with the German Civil Code (§§ 978 ff.). Food will be disposed of immediately without right to reimbursement. Media borrowed from the holdings of the University Library's will be revoked. Any media found belonging to other libraries will be returned to them.
- Items found in open lockers or returned from open lockers to the library administration will be dealt with according to point 12 of these regulations.
- In the event of suspected misuse of lockers or in emergencies, the University Library is entitled to open, check and, if necessary, clear the lockers even in the absence of the user.
- A flat fee will be charged for clearing the locker and returning the items found in accordance with the University Library Cost index. If no key is returned within five working days after the eviction date, the lock will be exchanged.
- The cost of lock replacement is set forth in the University Library Cost index and must be paid by the user.
- The loss of a transponder must be reported immediately to the University Library using the loss report form. The form is available at the circulation desk.
- The University Library recommends that no valuables be stored in lockers. The University Library is not liable for loss or damage to personal items.