On Wednesday, 1 December 2021, we will change the reservation procedure for study desks. As a TUM member, you will then be able to reserve a place in one of our branch libraries always one day ahead. Longer-term advance bookings and the upper limit for reservations will no longer apply. Reservations already made remain valid.
Unfortunately, in the past many places were reserved prophylactically but often not used. As a result, our Branch Library Main Campus in particular was fully booked for days, but many places remained free on the reservation day. Many students then came to the library at a venture of snatching a place after all. With the new reservation procedure, we hope to defuse the situation.
This is new
- online booking one day ahead until 6:00 a.m. of the respective reservation day
- weekly upper limit for reservations no longer applies
- Study desks are only available to TUM students and staff.
- Your reservation entitlement expires 30 minutes after the start of the reservation shift if you have not taken your seat by then.
- Places not taken or reserved will be given away at the circulation desk 30 minutes after the start of the reservation period.
- no free choice of seat
- no group work
University Library: currently available services
TUM: current information
Ministry of Health: current informationen