Finding relevant literature, citing without errors and creating a bibliography with a mouse click? With the Library Powerday you get fit for your studies!
Before the start of the lecture period, the University Library offers you a compact introduction into research strategies and information literacy, which will prepare you best for your studies or will bring your knowledge up to date for your final thesis.
This is what the Powerday offers you
- Learn efficient search strategies for library catalogs and literature databases.
- Understand when and how to cite correctly to avoid unintended plagiarism.
- Learn about the advantages of reference management programs.
4 Courses – can be booked individually or in combination
The Library Powerday contains four courses that you can book either individually or in combination. All courses take place as webinars and are offered in German and English.
All Powerday webinars are part of the regular library training program and can be booked throughout the entire semester. For further dates and registration links, please visit www.ub.tum.de/en/courses.
Please contact us with further questions at: firstname.lastname@example.org
library powerday in enGlisH
Wednesday, 12 October 2022
Literature Research 1: Tools for Studying, 8:00 – 10:30 a.m.
- how to easily use e-books and e-journals with eAccess
- basics about search strategies for literature
- find subject specific books and journals in our online catalogue
- make effective use of library services
Literature Research 2: Search Strategies for Seminar Papers and Theses, 11:00 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
- develop search strategies for literature databases
- search for subject-specific papers in literature databases
- access researched material
Cite It Right, 2:00 – 4:30 p.m.
- basic rules of citation
- in-depth topics selected by course participants, such as citing images, Creative Commons, citing student papers, citing self-citations or interviews
Reference Management with Citavi or EndNote, 5:00 – 7:30 p.m.
- general introduction to reference management software
- decision-making: Citavi or EndNote?
Afterwards, you will learn the following functions of Citavi and EndNote in two separate groups:
- add, import and organise references
- create bibliographies
- cite literature with plug-ins
Powerday in German
Tuesday, 11 October 2022
Further Information and Registration