We offer loan services in our nine branch libraries spread across Munich, Garching, Freising and Straubing. Our interbranch loan service allows quick access to all our library collections.
You can either browse literature at the open access shelves in the reading rooms and borrow them on site or you order library items via the Online Catalogue OPAC to the branch library of your choice. Up to 10 orders are possible at a time. Library staff will then have the ordered items ready for collection at the branch library you have chosen. This service is free of charge for you.
What to do...
- Start the Online Catalogue and select the check-out library of your choice.
- Search for the item you require and choose the requested title from the list of results.
- If an item is available for loan, a "Order" button will be displayed. Simply click on it, log in with your library number and confirm with "OK".
Sorry, no or limited ordering options for:
- items which are not available for loan for your user group
- items from the non-loan / reference collections
- items which are still in the process of being acquired
- items from the closed reference collections at TUM chairs or institutes
- Items published before 1900; these may only be requested for the local reading room; transport to another branch library is not possible.