Who can use study desks?
Are reservations possible?
Yes, starting from 23 October 2023, as part of a pilot project in the Branch Library Sport and Health Science. Students and staff of TUM can reserve selected study desks online. More information about the pilot project
What rules apply to reservations?
- A maximum of 4 reservations per branch library per week
- Reservations can be made up to 4 days in advance
- A maximum of 4 hours per time slot; multiple consecutive reservations are possible
- Reservation claims expire after 15 minutes in case of a no-show, forgotten check-in, or an absence of more than 60 minutes
What else do I need to consider?
- Hogging and reserving places for others is not allowed
- Drinks in tightly sealable containers are allowed, but no food or alcohol consumption
- Absences of up to 60 minutes for study breaks are permissible
Additional details are specified in the University Library's House Rules.
Clock Discs for Your Break Time – Pilot Project at the Main Campus
Starting 16 October 2023, we will launch the pilot project "Clock Discs" at the Branch Library Main Campus. When you temporarily leave your study desk, you must place a clock disc on the table. In case you exceed the maximum allowed break time of 60 minutes, other library visitors may move your belongings aside and use the study desk. Tables without a clock disc can also be occupied anew. More information