The German version of this document is the only legally binding version. This English translation is for your convenience only.
These rules apply to devices and equipment borrowed from the University Library. Devices and equipment are lent as sets or are components of rooms that are made available for use.
- The loan of equipment is a voluntary service offered by the University Library. Their use is free of charge. The user has no statutory right to the loan of devices and equipment.
- Devices and equipment may not be taken outside the rooms of the branch library at which they were lent.
- Devices and equipment can be borrowed by registered library users. From the time of borrowing, the user is responsible for devices and equipment.
- Devices and equipment can only be borrowed as a set or used as component of a room.
- Orders and reservations of devices and equipment are not possible.
- Devices and equipment can only be borrowed at the loan desk. The loan is registered to the library account of the borrower.
- Only one set of a specific device or piece of equipment can be borrowed from a branch library.
- The right to use the device or equipment is not transferable. The device or equipment may not be passed on to third parties.
- Devices and equipment must be handled with care and protected from damage and soiling. Before use, the user must check devices or equipment and report any damage immediately.
- Equipment must be returned on the day of borrowing. Equipment as components of rooms must be returned immediately after use. If the loan period is exceeded, a period of three working days will be set for return.
- In the event of non-return after expiry of the return period, the user is liable for indemnity. The type of indemnity shall be determined by the University Library at its reasonable discretion. In addition, an administration fee will be charged. The library account will be blocked until indemnity is made.
- Loss of or damage to a device or equipment must be reported immediately to the University Library by completing the loss and damage report form. The form is available at the circulation desk. The user must replace lost or damaged devices and equipment. The type of replacement shall be determined by the University Library at its reasonable discretion. In addition, an administration fee will be charged.
- The University Library shall only be liable for the consequences of the use of equipment caused intentionally or by gross negligence on the part of the University Library. In the event of gross negligence, the University Library's liability shall be limited to the foreseeable damage typical for the use of the equipment and shall be excluded for indirect and consequential damage. The foregoing limitations of liability shall not apply in the event of injury to life, limb or health.